The Loir valley by bike
With family, friends or as a couple, enjoy the most beautiful cycle route in France and discover the Loir Valley by bike during your stay at the Grand Hôtel Château du Loir!
Loir Valley in stages
Several stages make up the Loir Valley by bike, allowing everyone to discover the valley at their own pace. Departing from Château du Loir, go to Le Lude for a 29km ride following the Loir river to reach the Rotrou mill.
The 5 stages of the Loir Valley by Bike :
- Ruillé sur Loir - Château du Loir: 25km for 2h30
- Château du Loir - Le Lude: 29km for 3 hours
- Le Lude - La Flèche: 20km for 2h15
- La Flèche - Durtal: 22km for 2 hours
- La Flèche - Baugé: 10km for 1 hour
Ideal for discovering the treasures of the Loir Valley, the bike circuits will delight both adept and beginner cyclists. These circuits pass through authentic villages and towns, centuries-old forests, orchards and brightly colored vineyards. Several circuits are available according to your desires:
- 7 circuits on the banks of the Loir (between 18 and 30km)
- 2 circuits in the vineyard (between 40 and 50km)
- 6 heritage discovery circuits (between 19 and 50km)
Bike rental at the Grand Hotel Château du Loir
The Grand Hotel Château du Loir offers the rental of bicycles to explore the Loir Valley. Renting a bicycle, is the best way to enjoy the magnificent landscapes just a few minutes from the hotel. Our establishment also has a place to park your bike.